Miller Electric is proud to have powered the world’s most advanced facility serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities – the Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation (MMI).
The new 220,455 square foot facility enables MMI to support the expansion of the critical services it offers to children and their families as part of its mission to, “be world leaders in transforming the lives of all individuals with disabilities and complex health care needs, their families and the community….”
Situated inside a building Miller Electric originally wired for First Data Resources years ago, the MMI facility houses several compelling new programs:
- Caring for Champions Program – a collaboration with Special Olympics that will provide vision and dental services as well as a weight management program.
- Redesigned and Integrated Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders (iCASD) – where MMI will provide interdisciplinary care for patients.
- One-bedroom “Apartment” – where occupational therapists can help individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities learn hands-on life skills.
We’ve got your back.
Every day we strive to go above and beyond for our customers. While every project is enjoyable, this work was special and we feel very grateful to have lent our skills to it because of the children and their families who will benefit from the new facility.
- Therapy pool
- Indoor splash pad
- New 220,455 square foot facility
- Gym and outdoor playground