Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a very important and serious matter affecting businesses and communities around the world and right here at home. We want you to know Miller Electric is prepared to respond safely.
Safety is and always has been something we take very seriously at Miller Electric. Nothing matters more to us than getting our employees home safely each day. We are applying the guidelines put in place by the CDC and Douglas County Department of Health to our jobsites, offices and pre-fab facilities and are diligently informing employees of how to work to avoid the spread of Coronavirus.
To that end, we have put the following health and safety protocols in place:
- Any Miller Electric employees traveling to a Risk Level 2 or 3 country as identified by the CDC must remain away from work for 14 days after returning to the U.S.
- Employees working at a facility that may have the possibility of treating Coronavirus patients are working with the facility managers and foremen to understand what precautions are being taken to ensure that all parties involved are protected from the possibility of transmission of Coronavirus.
- Employees have been advised not to attend work if they are sick or have a fever. Employees who have been ill, must be fever-free and free from symptoms for at least 24 hours before returning to work.
- Employees have been reminded to maintain good personal hygiene and keep their hands clean. They have been told to wash often with warm water and soap for at least twenty seconds and if soap is not available, to use hand sanitizer.
- We are actively working with jobsites to ensure adequate supplies of hand sanitizer are available in all portable bathroom facilities.
We know this is a stressful as well as fluid situation. We will work together to support one another and promote public health. As developments arise, rest assured that we are prepared to handle them in an efficient and timely manner.