Assistant Project Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for working on assigned projects. This includes working closely with the project managers on scheduling, purchasing, various reports for projects, estimating, submittals and O&M’s; all as required for assigned projects.
Miller Electric Company – Omaha, NE 68105 US (Primary)
Education: B.S./B.A. or equivalent in Construction, Electrical Engineering
Career Level: Minimum 2 years experience
Job Type: Full Time Exempt
Before placing a person in this position, a background check is required. Clean MVR is required. Before placing a person in this position, a DOT physical examination and drug test is required.
- Assist in writing quotations and project proposals, estimating projects when necessary, review of contracts, setting up projects in relevant software applications, working with project managers, on-site foreman, and general contractors on assigned work.
- Working with Project Supervision team:
- Work with Project Manager and Superintendent for scheduling of manpower.
- Work with Project Manager and Shop on assigned projects.
- Assist with material purchases with Project Manager.
- Assemble and submit shop drawings to GC.
- Acquire and distribute approved shops to project team.
- Provide regular project updates to Project Foreman and Superintendent.
- Attend OAC meetings for project.
- Work with Safety Director on project to ensure all OSHA and General Contracting safety expectations are being met.
- Work with office team for project documentation requirements.
- As assigned, help manage project, labor and materials to achieve project outcomes, continuously monitoring projects and reporting project progress on a monthly basis.
- Provide documentation of projects, including the approval of shop drawings, ensuring timely and effective billing, and estimating.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The ability to grasp and increase understanding of Electrical systems is required for this position.
- Construction experience is a positive for this position but not a requirement.
- Ability to work with complex projects, to learn and understand details of project management.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Prefer a B.S./B.A. or equivalent in Construction, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- A.S. in Electrical Technology; supplemented with one or more courses in current technology.
- 2 plus years minimum related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information/material.
- Proficient computer skills, including email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and accounting and engineering software.
- Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Problem Sensitivity – The ability to identify when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and to then solve the problem.
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Speech Recognition – The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Manual Dexterity – The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects. (Importance: 5)
- Light physical activity. Minimal lifting (up to 25lbs). Non-strenuous activities of an administrative nature.
- Extensive close vision activities.
- Professional work appearance.