Site Safety RepresentativeSSR2023
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will be responsible for construction safety, health, and environmental protection programs, in order to minimize the potential for accidents, injuries, and damage.
Miller Electric Company – Omaha, NE 68105 US (Primary)
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Career Level: 3-5 years minimum related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. OSHA Certificate/s (30 hour curriculum minimum), CHST and/or CSP Certification preferred.
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel: Local Only
Before placing a person in this position, a background check is required. Clean MVR is required. Before placing a person in this position, a DOT physical examination and drug test is required.
- Evaluating and assessing job sites in order to identify potential safety hazards, including such things as fall hazards, potential exposure to chemicals and materials, etc.
- Preparing and reviewing health and safety guidelines in order to minimize accidents, injuries or other damage.
- Providing safety training to company personnel.
- Conducting/Coordinating on-site safety meetings.
- Monitoring construction sites and ensuring compliance with job site and company procedures as well as government regulations act, and standards, including monitoring for appropriate PPE, as well as enforcing the display of required or appropriate safety signage.
- Promoting proactive and preventive safety activities by observing, analyzing, encouraging safe work behaviors, and correcting unsafe conditions.
- Perform site safety inspections using the Company app.
- Investigating accidents, injuries, and near-misses and initiating necessary actions in order to ensure the situations are not repeated.
- Documenting training, meetings, and investigations.
- Performing other duties as required by the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
3-5 years minimum related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. OSHA Certificate/s (30-hour curriculum minimum), CHST, and/or CSP Certification preferred.
Please apply to this position with a resume and salary history
Miller is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, religion, protected veteran’s status, marital status, physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.